- “Eighty-four percent of children (That participated in the study) with ADHD appeared to have abnormally low ferritin levels, compared with 18% of children without ADHD. The children with the most severe iron deficiencies were also the most inattentive, impulsive, and hyperactive.”
- Perhaps, in some instances, we should be giving kids that have been diagnosed with ADD iron rich foods instead of Ritalin and Adderall.
- “…study after study has now shown that BPA is toxic to human brains, reproductive systems and more. BPA can cause fertility problems, possibly including miscarriage, as well as behavioral issues in children, and can even lead to an increased risk of heart disease and diabetes in adults.”
- “There are now at least 50 BPA-free alternatives, with names like bisphenol S and bisphenol F. So little is known about their use that even scientists can’t really say how many are in circulation. What researchers do know is that these chemicals are structural analogs of BPA. And their similarities don’t stop at their chemical structure — they also disrupt how cells function in many of the same ways and cause similar toxic effects on the human body.”
- This is why I do my best to never store food or water in plastic containers.
- The article includes some great tips on how to avoid exposing yourself to BPA and BPA analogs.
Excerpts from my Journal
Theories and advice often have some value, but the excessive consumption of either can quickly lead one astray.
Are things the way they are simply because of the four forces of which we are currently aware (gravity, electromagnetism, the strong force, and the weak force) or is there more to the story?
On what evidence are you building your beliefs and basing your claims?
Writing down a bunch of ideas without sharing any is a bit like growing a bunch of nutritious food and letting it rot.
Money, water, and electrons, all flow place to place, changing things along the way, though never undergoing any fundamental change of their own.
Every tear is a gift.
If you’d like to receive a notification when I publish new newsletters like this one, enter your email here: