- Turns out human nature might not be quite as dark as William Golding portrayed it to be in his 1954 novel “The Lord of the Flies.”
- “The real Lord of the Flies is a tale of friendship and loyalty; one that illustrates how much stronger we are if we can lean on each other.”
- “The kids agreed to work in teams of two, drawing up a strict roster for garden, kitchen and guard duty. Sometimes they quarrelled, but whenever that happened they solved it by imposing a time-out. Their days began and ended with song and prayer.”
- Some of the most heartening statistics about the world, brilliantly visualized by Information is Beautiful
- If you want to know why I do my best to avoid canned food, read this article.
- The chemical BPA, which is often used to coat the inside of cans, is now being replaced by similar substances such as BPS and BPF. Research shows that these chemicals can also pose health risks, but can still be used in cans with a “BPA-free” label.
- “These compounds basically mimic the effects of some hormones such as estrogen and glucocorticoids, which play an important role in metabolism of fat and reproductive health”
Many medicines are most effective when taken in small doses.
Recently, I’ve been trying to let go of one or two things per week. It could be a song I delete from my spotify account, or a possession I give away. It could also be a chunk of money in my bank account that I give to a charity. The more I do such things, the better I feel.
I always feel the happiest at the ends of days in which I spent several hours elevating my craft. Always the happiest after the days of dedication.
Your body is an instrument. Your movements and creations are its song.
Photo by of the Week by Brian Kushner
If you’d like to receive a notification when I publish new newsletters like this one, enter your email here: