I recently did a 16 day darkness retreat. I’m not going to go into too much detail about it here, but will say that it was the most extreme shamanic experience of my life, visually, somatically, and intellectually.
If you’d like to chat about it in person or over zoom, please let me know by emailing me at email@example.com.
If you’d like to read about the experiences I had in my first darkness retreat, which lasted 6 days, click here.
Important COVID information
- “(The) CDC finally admitted that natural immunity protection is better than vaccination… they have previously claimed otherwise.”
- The CDC just did what was, to my knowledge, the most extensive analysis of U.S COVID immunity data ever conducted, and found that natural immunity appears to be several times stronger than vaccine based immunity. The video attached about does a great job summarizing this analysis.
- If you want to skip to a comparison of the exact numbers, start watching at 2:05.
- Based on this new data, it seems to me that issuing natural immunity passports would be a safe and effective way to significantly reduce the massive amount of conflict that America is currently experiencing on the topic of vaccination-dependent rights.
- Excerpt from the report: “By the week beginning October 3, compared with COVID-19 cases rates among unvaccinated persons without a previous COVID-19 diagnosis, case rates among vaccinated persons without a previous COVID-19 diagnosis were 6.2-fold (California) and 4.5-fold (New York) lower; rates were substantially lower among both groups with previous COVID-19 diagnoses, including 29.0-fold (California) and 14.7-fold lower (New York) among unvaccinated persons with a previous diagnosis.
- In other words, someone who has never had COVID but has been vaccinated appears to be more likely to contract and potentially spread COVID than someone who is unvaccinated but has recovered from COVID.
Quotes of the Week
“Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to an understanding of ourselves.”
- Carl Jung
“Judgement is always a projection of our inner pain.”
- Matthew Watherston
“It is by going down into the abyss that we recover the treasures of life.”
- Joseph Campbell
Excerpts From My Journal
If someone receives a lot of criticism, it could be a sign they are very wrong about something, but it can also be a sign that they are very right about something.
I think we worry, in large part, due to a subconscious belief that worrying benefits us in some way. The longer I live, the more I’ve come to feel that it simply does not, and that when we choose not to worry, our lives always go more smoothly.
Are you capable of having compassion for those who seem to lack compassion?
It is far better to be in a state of safe discomfort than it is to be in a state of pleasant delusion.
Would you rather remember a meal you ate in the past, think about a meal that you might eat in the future, or eat a meal that is sitting in front of you in the present moment?
The less seriously you take yourself, the more seriously others will take you.
Every person you encounter is a potential gateway to realization.
There is nothing quite like the savage joy that arises when you choose to let go of fear.