- Good overview of some of the most important reasons why I think we should end the time changes.
- I’ve written about this before, but now that it seems political action may finally be taken, I thought it might be a good idea to re-raise awareness on the topic.
- “Researchers in New York reported that hospital admissions for atrial fibrillation, the most common type of irregular heartbeat, typically rise with the transition to daylight saving time. During those first few days after the change, daily hospital admissions go up compared to the rest of the year… The study noted that this only happens in the spring. When switching back to standard time in the fall, there was no notable difference.”
- “A Michigan study found that the Monday following spring’s time change was linked with a 24% increase in daily heart attack incidents.“
- “A study out of Finland found the rate of ischemic stroke was 8% higher during the first two days after the transition to daylight savings.”
Excerpts From My Journal
If you want extreme results, you’re probably going to need to take extreme action.
Insights seem far more likely to come to my mind when I rest my awareness upon my breath than when I try to think my way to them.
As far as I can tell, yoga and meditation are ways by which to dilate the pupils of the soul.
Every person you encounter is a potential gateway to realization. If you want to become enlightened, there are few better ways of doing so than throwing yourself into as many social situations as possible.