- Outlines a simple, evidence based diet, that I have done my best to adopt.
- Since doing so, my energy levels have markedly improved.
- Contains information on the anticancer compound sulforaphane.
- After watching this video, I have made taken up the habit of eating at least one portion of cruciferous vegetables every day.
- Goes over foods that have been shown to reduce symptoms of autism.
- The degree to which these foods alleviate the symptoms of autism, as demonstrated by scientific studies, is very impressive.
- Vitamin D controls the expression of over 1,000 different genes in the human body.
- The optimum serum level of vitamin D is thought to be between 30 and 80 nanograms per milliliter.
- Although Dr. Patrick says that the best dietary source of Vitamin D is fish, I believe that it’s healthier to abstain from eating fish and get one’s vitamin D by spending time in the sun, or eating mushrooms.
- As mentored previously, there is an optimal level of vitamin D. Levels below and above this sweet spot have been associated with negative health outcomes.
- Many important biological enzymes require magnesium in order to function properly.
- 56% of the U.S population is deficient in magnesium.
- Mitochondria, which generate ATP, require magnesium to replicate and repair themselves.
- Spinach, kale, and almonds, are all high in magnesium.
- For more sources of magnesium, click here.
Excerpt: “Vegan women have a twinning rate which is one-fifth that of vegetarians and omnivores.”
- Complications are more likely to occur in twin pregnancies.
- I stopped drinking milk in 2018. Since doing so, I have noticed a significant increase in my energy levels and skin quality. Although milk used to be one of my favorite drinks, I’m not planning on consuming it in any significant quantity ever again.
- If you know of any studies suggesting that drinking milk has benefits, please send them to me.
Excerpt: “They (Eskimos) have the same plague of coronary artery disease that non-eskimos population have, and actually twice the fatal stroke rate.”
- Key takeaway: The idea that Eskimos enjoyed good health, despite eating a diet comprised almost entirely of meat, is a myth.
- The video describes how this misperception came about, and why it is inaccurate.
- People with lots of allergies are less likely to get cancer than normal members of the population, due to their overactive immune systems.
- Mushrooms accelerate Immunoglobulin A secretion, which protects our mucosal membranes from foreign substances and germs.
- Mushrooms also appear to have anti-inflammatory properties.
Excerpt: “The potential hazardous effects on humans by alternate ingestion of microparticles can cause alterations in chromosomes which lead to infertility, obesity, and cancer.”
- Every day, millions of plastic microparticles are dumped into the oceans.
- They are then consumed by ocean creatures, and move up the food chain.
- If these particles are small enough, they can actually pass through the intestinal wall, and into the bloodstream. This was proven when placentas tested positive for microparticle contamination.
- In addition to being intrinsically unhealthy, these microparticles can absorb pollutants from the water, and release them into the body.
- Seafood has also been shown to contain high levels of BPA, which is an endocrine disruptor.
Excerpt: Red meat consumption is associated with an increased risk of total, cardiovascular, and cancer mortality. Substitution of other healthy protein sources for red meat is associated with a lower mortality risk.
- Harvard conducted a study with 37,698 men and 83,644 women to investigate whether eating meat was linked with early mortality.
- All participants in this study were free of heart disease and cancer (At the study’s outset)
- The study controlled for age, weight, alcohol, exercise, smoking, family history, caloric intake, and intake of whole healthy plant foods, such as whole grains, fruits, and vegetables.
- The study also found that the consumption of nuts was associated with a lowered mortality risk.
- Analyzes three of the most common arguments in favor of eating meat
- Gently encourages making one’s diet more plant based